Wednesday, January 15, 2014

MY FIRST PLANE RIDE

The first time I was on a plane was in August 2001. I went to Hollywood, Florida for my birthday. I was invited by one of my friends and her family. The day of my flight I had some breakfast, checked and made sure I had everything needed for my trip. My mother picked me up to take me to the airport. Once I arrived there, I checked in, sat there for about half hour or so, had some coffee while I waited. But deep down inside I was scared, but the ticket was paid for already so there was no backing down now. So the time came to board the plane and I had a window seat, it was scary sitting by the window and the lady next to me did not want to change seats with me at all, but she wanted the shade to stay up. We finally landed in Florida about 12:30 pm. While there, I stayed with some friends. The next day we went to the malls and ate some great food. We also rode the train.  It was very fast. The only thing that I do not have from this trip is pictures. I did not have a camera, that sucks. So when you decide to fly on a plane for the first time go ahead, sit by the window. Because it is a great way to get over the fear of flying .The funny thing about it was I had a window seat the flight home. So now whenever I go somewhere I fly and have a window seat.

Gloria

3 comments:

  1. From the woman who said she wasn't a writer-you sure did a good job describing your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice story, very detailed! The lady could have given her seat but if she did you would've never gotten over the fear of flying. I guess it's not always bad to be around stubborn people. Lol!

    ReplyDelete