Thursday, January 16, 2014

Helping Hand

The time that I did something that made me feel good about myself was when I let my cousin come into my apartment and stay. She is not staying in there forever; she is only staying for a period of time until she finds her somewhere else to stay. Why did I let her stay with me? Because she didn’t have anywhere else to go, and when she had her apartment she let me come over and spend a couple of nights at her house. However, she didn’t let me move in.The reason she needs a place to stay is because she lost her apartment and she couldn’t find anywhere else to go. So, she asked me if she could come to my house and I told her, yes she can come and stay.

When will she move out? I don’t really know yet. She says she is looking for an apartment or a shelter, but she is always saying a date and when the time comes she doesn’t leave. She either says the shelter doesn’t have any beds or when she looks for an apartment they want too much for rent. I think other people could learn from my experience is that don’t let people with you any longer than they say, because when they say one thing it doesn’t happen so you have to wait until they find somewhere else to go.


Even though this has been difficult, it makes me feel good because I let her come into my apartment when she didn’t have anywhere else to go. So, I let her come into mine and she is homeless.

Takeya 

3 comments:

  1. Takeya,

    Nice work on this. You expressed your thoughts clearly and it's nice to hear how you are helping out your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are she stay there and i no that your couise you have to take her that she need to work hard to find somewhere to go. That what happned to me and my mother but i found some where to go i had help out side the family, like people you no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very nice to be able to help a friend, but you have to make sure that you are not being taken advantage of.Does she have any kind of income.If she has some income she needs to help you with some of your bills,or she needs to help you around the house.Like cleaning up the house,helping with preparing the meals,or baby sitting.
    You do not need to be used up because you want to help am friend.

    ReplyDelete