Wednesday, January 22, 2014

One Summer Day in the Park

It is very important to spend time with someone special. My mom was very inspirational and she taught me many things. My mom asked me to move to Holland, MI to live with her because she was not well, and I wanted to go. I decided to move there in the year of 2002, to help take care of her. Moving there made life better for me.

One summer day when my mom was feeling well, I thought she may like to have lunch by the lake. It was a beautiful day to go Lake Michigan and then take her to her favorite restaurant McDonald's. My mom loved cheeseburgers.  We went to the beach to have lunch by the warm lake, and the trees were swaying slow, and gracefully.

It was a Saturday afternoon and at the end of the day my mom told me she had a great day. I enjoyed sitting there talking about old times and listening to her talk about the things she did when she was younger. I asked her if she wanted to ride around the park longer, and she said yes. My mom has passed since then and I am amazed at the things she taught me and the things she said.

Annie

1 comment: