Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Helping a Friend in Need



When I moved on the north side of Chicago, I found out one of my friends that I had gone to high school with was staying in the building next door to me. We became friends again. We started catching up on what things we had going on in our lives.

She had two kids, like me, and was a single mom like me too. It was nice having someone to talk to because I’m not a real big people person. I don’t really hang out anymore because I have two kids. But she would always need me for something. Sometimes it was food, money or something for the kids, but it made me feel good when I could help her and the kids, because I know where I have been. On the other hand, I would never ask her for anything, because I really didn’t need to.

I have a good heart and I only did what God would want us to do; help one another when we can. I’m a single mom. We are still neighbors to this day and I still try to help when I can. God said, “help people when you can and you will be blessed.” 

Nakeya

1 comment: