Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Direct Message

Have you ever been given credit for something you didn’t do? How did you feel? What happen? There was a time in 5th grade when I was acknowledged for writing a story that wasn’t mine. I felt bad because the story wasn’t mine and I got credit for someone else’s work. The teacher came into the room, read the story to the class and when he finished he told the class he had expected for everyone’s story to be similar to the one he read. There was a beginning, middle and end. The writer was very specific about things that went on in the story. The spelling and grammar were perfect. After the teacher finished reading the story, I spoke with the teacher and told him it wasn’t my story, but I help my friend create it. So the credit shouldn’t only be given to me, but to my friend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment