Wednesday, April 23, 2014

First Plane Ride

My friend called me and asked me if I wanted to come to Alabama for the weekend with him. I said yes. So I packed my bag and I told my sons that I was leaving for the weekend. I was in such a hurry I didn't pack very well, so I headed out the door. Before I could get out the door the lady that I was meeting at the airport was calling me every minute. I guess she wanted me to get there on time so I wouldn't miss my flight. When I got to the train station she called me again. I told her I was on the train already. When I got to the airport I didn't see her so I called her to see where she was, and I found her right away. So we hugged each other. We got something to eat before it’s time to get on the plane. When we got to security I didn't like taking off my shoes or belt. It was my first time riding on a plane. I was scared and excited. I didn’t know that I was getting on the plane. I thought I was going through a hallway until I saw the pilot in the window. Then I saw all the seats and people were sitting in their seats.  I got to my seat and sat down by this man. He knew I was nervous so he bought me a drink. He said, “You look like you needed a drink.” I said, “Yes thank you very much.” So we talked for two hours all the way there. He was very nice to me. He said, “It’s not that bad. Don’t think about you up in the air. Just think about you driving a car.” I got very relaxed after drinking and talking to him, and before I knew it we were landing in Alabama. Then we called our friend to come and pick us up at the airport. I was glad to see my friend. He gave me a hug and a kiss. Since I flew now I’m not scared to fly. Actually, I want to go somewhere else on a plane, maybe Vegas.

Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment