Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Lesson in Life

One important lesson I have learned that could help someone else is that education is the key to a good life.  I had a druggy mom and dad that did not go to school and so education was not important in my home. So when the people around you are not pushing you, it has to be on you to do it for yourself.  So it had to be on me to do it.

However, at 20 I had a baby and when the baby started school and I couldn’t help her with homework that made me feel bad. I needed to get some help for her. Because I could not read at that point, I realized how important it is to learn to read and went back to school. With so much going on in my life so that I could not keep going on every day the way I had been. I went to put in an application and had to ask someone to help me fill out the papers. The first time I asked someone to help I was so afraid that someone would find out my secret and talk about me.  


Don’t let the world around you come between you and your education. The big lesson I have learned in my life is education is the key having a good life.  Learning to read is the most important thing you can do for your life. Do not be afraid to ask someone for help if you need it. So, the best thing you can do is get your education. It is your life and you have to live it!

1 comment: