Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Reason I Think 16 year Olds Shouldn’t Drive

I think 16 year olds are too young to drive in the city. People shouldn’t drive until 21 years old when they live in the city. Sixteen year olds have the highest risk of car crashes. They have a 40% increased risk of crashing than those persons age 20 to 24. Sixteen year olds don’t follow direction when they have 1 or more friends in the car with them. Also, teenagers are likely to play loud music or play on the phone sometimes sending or looking at text messages instead of paying attention to the road. Therefore, my opinion is that I think parents of teenagers in the city don’t take as much time teaching their kids how to drive as much as the parents down south do. I think the parents in the south have more time to help their teenagers learn more about the roads and rules. I also think the children down south have bigger road and more space to practice driving that is just my opinion. So, if you live in the city the driving age should be 21, but if you live down south it should stay 16.

Sherita

No comments:

Post a Comment